Back to Home

a lot of news!

jos van vliet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: a lot of news! Reply with quote

Hi Gorka Friends.

It's very quiet on this forum (is it because of facebook? I think that is a pity)

There are a lot of new Gorka items on the videosite.
You can see the whole show (23 clips!!) from John Gorka live at Crossroads Coffeehouse in Winnsboro, Texas. May 16, 2009.

I also made a link to the very high quality podcast Etown show with 30 minutes John Gorka live (192 kbps: and that is even better than CD quality!)
John played the brand new song "I think of you" in the biginning.

There is also a videoclip (number 101!) from John Gorka live at Wachusett Valley Folk Festival, 08/09/2009 in Westminster, MA. The song is called "If not now"

That's it for now.

This is the link to go to the virus free John Gorka videosite (with only one advertising pop-up.) http://home.hetnet.nl/~f2hjhmvanvliet156/home.html

Jos
Temporary Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jos. I'll check that out later. Currently streaming the E-town show from WRUR in Rochester, NY.
Rogue
jos van vliet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: new CD Reply with quote

Hi Rogue,

I just updated the site with information about the new CD "So Dark You See" (tracks, cover etc).

Jos
between5and7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it to Jos to get us a 'sneek peek' of the new CD. First thing that struck me is that it is the first John Gorka cover without a picture of John Gorka on it! JG said it was a slight departure from the last couple CDs, and judging it by the cover, so far, from what I can see, he's right. The last 3 CD covers have had a similiar 'feel' to them, he obviously made a choice to go a different direction. Getting me excited to hear it, JG is coming to my area in October, just might have to go see him and grab myself a copy.
Temporary Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great information, Jos! Thank you.

You'd better go see him if he's in your area 5and7! I will likely get to the Northeast in October, but John's not scheduled there, unfortunately. Hopefully he'll get back to the Pacific Northwest soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> All Things John Gorka All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: