Back to Home

So Dark You See

Temporary Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: So Dark You See Reply with quote

Amazon lists the release date as October 13, and you can pre-order it. No art or track list posted, but at least the wait is nearly over! Likely I'll wait and order from John's website when it's available there.
jos van vliet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John Gorka fans,

On the John Gorka videosiye you can see the frontcover, read the 16 tracks, listen to the four original versions of the covers, etc.

This is the link to go to the John Gorka videosite (with only one advertising pop-up.) http://home.hetnet.nl/~f2hjhmvanvliet156/home.html
Temporary Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping with the upcoming release of the new album, people will come back and post some comments. Hopefully Dino will return to post his song of the week threads and we can get some discussion going surrounding John and his music again.

Cheers, all
Rogue
Temporary Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great news in John's newsletter - the new CD will be available at shows, beginning tomorrow night at the Freight and Salvage. So get out there and be the first on your block to get it!

Hope many of you will make it out to the California shows. Wish I could be there! If I was, I'd request "People My Age" on Saturday for my dad, Red Rogue who turns 82, even though I think he looks pretty darn good.

If you aren't getting the newsletter, you can sign up on his webpage. They're very fun to read. Don't think you should hesitate....

In other news, John attempts to explain the meaning of the strange symbols that sometimes appear on the right side of the homepage on his website. Report at 11.
upperlands

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: October Thirteenth is Looking Auspicious Reply with quote

Hey...it looks like two of my favorite artists have a new cd on the same day.

Bob Dylan
"Christmas In The Heart" to be Released October 13

ALL ARTISTíS ROYALTIES TO BENEFIT MILLIONS IN NEED THROUGH FEEDING AMERICA AND INTERNATIONAL CHARITIES

Julia
Temporary Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julia. I couldn't believe it when I first read Dylan was coming out with a Christmas album. Nice that he is doing it for a great cause, and of course I will get it. Tonight he plays the Moore Theater here in Seattle - a small venue with excellent acoustics. I'll have to see if I can convince my better half to go. Surprisingly, there are still tickets left. "Modern Times" has been one of my favorite albums for the past few years since it came out.

Did anyone out there in forumland pick up John's new CD at the California shows?

Rogue
upperlands

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see John's new cd "So Dark You See" on the front page!
Three days to go Gorka fans!
(I am much more excited to get John's cd than Bob's..sorry Bob.)
Julia
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> All Things John Gorka All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: