Back to Home

Song of the week/month/year - Fret Not

Temporary Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Song of the week/month/year - Fret Not Reply with quote

With all apologies to Dino and 5&7 I thought I'd post the latest version of the song of the week/month/year. I get it easy because there are no words to type!

This one is a banjo workout by John, which sounds like a really old recording, which I think is what he was going for. I like it. I imagine him sitting on the porch on a hot summer day with a cold one just picking out a tune. It has a very loose free feeling to it. Instrumentals like these add sponteneity to the album.

Hope all have had a great summer, and to hear from you.

T. Rogue
between5and7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long hiatus from the forum, I'm back, and ready to pick up the baton and cross the finish line that is the review all of John Gorka's songs. I wish I could have come back on a tune I really love, but that's not what's happened. Fret Not is kinda creepy in that oldie, backwoods, sorta way. I expect there is some old, grainy, black and white film that goes along with the song, where the camera is dropped to the ground and a puddle of blood starts to form on the floor... No, I'm kidding!! The time away has not helped my warped sense of humor. In reality, the tune is interesting, I don't love or hate it. It always says to me that I've entered the blues section of the album, with a couple bluesy tunes to follow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> All Things John Gorka All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: