High Standards, Low Overhead and Realistic Expectations
Top Ten for 2012 (in no particular order)
1. World did not end on December 21.
2. Safe landing of Mars rover “Curiosity”.
3. Returned to Lithuania for the Tai-Asch Festival’s 10th anniversary.
4. Returned to the Netherlands and played in new places including Rotterdam and Joosland.
5. Traveled with the G# guitar and got first tube amp, a 1970 Fender Bronco.
6. Multiple shows with Red Horse, Antje Duvekot, Rose Cousins, Lynn Miles and Michael Johnson.
7. Judy Collins’ memoir “Sweet Judy Blue Eyes”.
8. Learned that sitting is the worst position for your health — (so I’m writing this lying down).
9. Learned that none of us is alone, having trillions of microbes inside and out.
10. The gospel music documentary “Rejoice and Shout”.
11. 25th anniversary of my first record “I Know”.
12. Started working once again with Rob Genadek on my 12th record.
13. A venue used someone else’s photo on a John Gorka show poster.
14. People keep coming to the shows and I keep having fun.
15. Probable discovery of the Higgs-Boson particle.
16. Other habitable planets may be closer than we thought and hoping Earth remains one.